Author Topic: Archived Test Failed...?  (Read 4509 times)

gmeades

• Just Arrived
Archived Test Failed...?
« on: 10 October 2010, 14:23:59 »
I have a corrupt rar file.  When I ran AutoUnpack, it finished and reported: Archive Test - Failed.
It didn't repair the file.

This is a rar file, but there are no par files. 
Can AutoUnpack repair files that don't have par files included?

Is there any solution to repairing this rar file?
Its corrupt on the server, as I've downloaded it multiple times, so my only option is to repair it, if possible.

Thx...

jaapf

• Forum expert
Re: Archived Test Failed...?
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2010, 16:20:42 »
Yes, If there are no par2 files there's no way any program can fix errors.
The only way to solve this is to get some par2 files. Maybe you can ask for them in the usenetgroup if there are none posted.

gmeades

• Just Arrived
« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2010, 23:04:49 »
That's what I was thinking was the case....
Unfortunately, there are no Par2 files...
This was rar'ed as opposed to zipped, so no par2 files were created...

I've been using WinRar for years to rar files myself and it has never created any Par2 files...

However, quite a while back, perhaps 6 years ago, I was downloading from some sources that had par files with all their stuff and I had a program that was really a lifesaver, rebuilding corrupt files from the info in the Par2 files... similar to what AutoUnpack is designed to do, apparently...

But files that I've created and downloaded since then have never had Par2 files...

Is there a free Rar program available that you know of that creates Par2 files...?

Red Dwarf

• Forum expert
« Reply #3 on: 10 October 2010, 23:09:06 »
There is no archive-program that creates PAR2 files, as far as I know. It appears to me you're confused with QuickPar.

zlatan24

• Just Arrived
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2011, 23:00:30 »
I have a corrupt rar file.  When I ran AutoUnpack, it finished and reported: Archive Test - Failed.
It didn't repair the file.

This is a rar file, but there are no par files. 
Can AutoUnpack repair files that don't have par files included?

Is there any solution to repairing this rar file?
Its corrupt on the server, as I've downloaded it multiple times, so my only option is to repair it, if possible.

Thx...
For resolving out given problem one of the best way is rar fixer. It can restore corrupted rar archives from any devices, tool doesn't modify archive info after repairing, it works with big rar files.

gmeades

• Just Arrived
« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2011, 00:24:52 »
I have tried Rarfixer.

Unfortunately, Rarfixer requires Par2 files to function and repair corrupt Rar files. If Par2 files are not present Rarfixer is unable to repair anything.

Thanks for the attempt though...