Author Topic: Please help a confused newb (corrupt rar part)  (Read 4794 times)

bomboletta

• Just Arrived
Please help a confused newb (corrupt rar part)
« on: 03 September 2010, 10:45:06 »
Dear friends,
I used SABnzbd+ for the first time  :d and downloaded a large file from the astraweb usenet SSL server.

This morning I found the file as FAILED with the following message "Unpacking failed, CRC error".

Upon looking at the downloaded directory, using the provided .sfv file I checked the CRC of all the RAR file parts and found out that only the .r85 file fails the CRC check.

Is there a way to attempt downloading  only this file ? I really need a dumb proof guidance ! :)

Thank you in advance.
Bob

Red Dwarf

• Forum expert
Re: Please help a confused newb (corrupt rar part)
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2010, 16:19:03 »
If you downloaded the accompanying par2 files, sabnzbd can repair this for you. But sabnzbd will only do this for you if the par2-files were included in the NZB-file.
Assuming the upload was not corrupted by the uploader, you can make a new NZB file on a usenet-indexing site only consisting of the missing/corrupt rar file. On an indexing site you can usually choose to expand the collection and select single files. You could use www.binsearch.info for this purpose.

If there's no correct rar-file on your server you can choose to do the repair yourself. usually the poster uploads par2 files belonging to the collection for this purpose. Install QuickPar. Download one or more par2 files for this collection to the same folder where you downloaded the rar-files. Run QuickPar and check/repair the archive. If you need more par2 files you can check the site of usenet search engine for more par2-files belonging to that collection. For a more complete explanation for QuickPar read the tutorial on this site http://www.binaries4all.com/quickpar/

bomboletta

• Just Arrived
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2010, 21:37:36 »
Thank you very much !!!

zlatan24

• Just Arrived
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2011, 12:24:47 »
Dear friends,
I used SABnzbd+ for the first time  :d and downloaded a large file from the astraweb usenet SSL server.

This morning I found the file as FAILED with the following message "Unpacking failed, CRC error".

Upon looking at the downloaded directory, using the provided .sfv file I checked the CRC of all the RAR file parts and found out that only the .r85 file fails the CRC check.

Is there a way to attempt downloading  only this file ? I really need a dumb proof guidance ! :)

Thank you in advance.
Bob
Solution present trouble may be rar recovery. It has some required possibilities such as repairing crashed or lost rar archive data. It can fix rar files after some troubles: power failures, viruses and unexpected errors. The tool starts under any major version of Windows OS.